Friday, June 15, 2007

Also taken from my other blog:

If I could sum up with one word right now at the beginning of our adoption journey it would be: emotional. I have always been an emotional person, just ask my family. They used to sing Van Halen's song, Jamie's Cryin' to me:

Oh, whoa, whoa, Jamie's cryin'
Oh, whoa, whoa, Jamie's cryin'

God made women to be emotional. That isn't always a bad thing. Little things can get me to cry, but through the years I've become harder. I don't always cry as easily at certain things. But things of God, well they still tear me up. Watching my daughter grow and sing songs to Jesus while doing the motions, hearing little children sing songs to Jesus and seeing God's work in my life are some of the latest things that God has shown me. And I just want to sit and sob! BUT, that isn't all. God has given me a heart like His like never before. And that is emotional! I've never thought I would see so much of His heart like this. It is amazing. I've always had a heart for orphaned children but not like this. With sharing all of this, I may as well just spill my little 'testimony'. Let me warn you that it is long! Before I leave you to read my life story in a nutshell, I want you to check out this song, One, we've learned at VBS (click on the song One once you get there). Something about the words of this song just touch those emotional parts of my heart. As I hear the words and sing it I could just cry rivers of tears. It makes me think of the child(ren) we may be adopting from Africa and how we are One with them- in heart, mind, love. It doesn't matter their skin color or that they live across the ocean. We are One in Jesus name.

No comments: