Saturday, June 16, 2007

Step 1 Complete

Yesterday I handed in our homestudy papers so the journey has officially begun. We're so excited. As I was driving to drop them off I felt so giddy. It was the same feeling you get when you find out you're pregnant- you're so excited and wonder what the next 9 months has in store for you. Our social worker is really wonderful and I sat and visited with her for awhile asking questions. This is her first time working with somebody adopting from Liberia (besides my friend Kim who is also working with her and has also just begun the process).

We had to pay $50 for the application fee for the homestudy. No big deal, it was payday and all. Well, Kim's friend called and asked if she could rent our water slide from us for $50! Sure! See how God just threw that in our lap!?!? It was so cool! Then I got the bright idea that I could rent out our water slide to friends of friends of friends;) as a way to raise money. God is so good to provide all our needs.

Well I'm off to finish cleaning. I've been getting some negative feedback and while I know the people are well-meaning I feel like saying, "If you don't have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all". Makes me want to keep this all to ourselves, but we can't do that! We NEED the prayers of our family and friends!!!

No comments: