Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Latest

The latest news from Rachel for those of us still waiting for a referral. There have been many miracles among our group lately~ many families will have their children home for Christmas! Please continue to pray for those of us still waiting to know who our child is~ that that can be our Christmas miracle!

I spoke at some length with Eric last night about the referral situation. There are plenty of children being prepared for referrals. The staff are working to make room in the orphanages, as well as to complete all the pre-referral steps. The whole purpose of restructuring the referral process on the Liberia end was to set a new standard of excellence. This takes time, but Eric really wants to ensure that everything is done well. Why bother restructuring and only doing it half-way?
I cannot tell whether they will be able to make any referrals before Christmas, but I am hoping (right along with you all!). There are difficulties now with the Liberian Ministry wanting to sign off on every child before he or she is eligible to be referred (this is for all agencies). This is an extra measure of security, so that is good.
Please check out the website for updates on how the referrals will now be issued. In addition, Eric is hoping to be able to include a photo of the child, a photo of the first family, a photo of the family home, as well as a case history, and possibly more in the referral report families will receive from now on. It's always hard to wait, my friends, but this seems to be really worth the wait.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Thank you for the sweet comment, Jamie! Things have been crazy here, so we haven't been "in touch" as much lately. . I think I have some catching up to do on your blog! ha ha!

Brandi

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

I'm really hoping that your adoption situation smooths out soon. With so many changes it is hard to know what is going to happen even a month down the road. Best of luck to you.

Sarah said...

I will keep you and your family in my prayers! We, too, are waiting for a referral from AoH. It's sometimes so hard to be patient, but I have to keep reminding myself I'm not the one making plans here... God is! :)
Take care!
Sarah S.