Monday, May 12, 2008

Another One

I just finished reading Children of Hope by Vernon Brewer. What a truly amazing and touching book. I cried as I watched videos on the website. It is sad that Christians aren't doing more to help orphans and those affected by AIDS/HIV in Africa. I want to do more! I want to help these children, our brothers and sisters, as they fight for hope and for their lives. Lord, lead us, guide and show us how you desire us to help your children. If you haven't read the book you can get it for free from the link. It is definitely something you need to read. You won't be able to put it down- I read it in a day!

3 comments:

Risa said...

I got the book in the mail the other day but now I don't know what Bob did with it! I'm going to have to ask him when he gets home from work!

Oh, did you know that Levi's BIL and his wife are adopting a little boy from Russia? His name is Jimmy and apparently quite a cutie. They are really excited but have to travel there twice before they get him! I don't understand why it's so difficult to adopt from other countries - why do most countries require you to travel?

jenni blodgett said...

have you read "love in the driest season" ? (i'm a friend of amie's)

jenni blodgett said...

also, i love the hope in your recent post. we never know what all God has in store down the road.